Home / About Us

About Us

 

Shickel Corporation is located in the heart of the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia.  It was established as Shickel Machine Shop in 1938 and founded by John A. Shickel.  Quality and customer service have always been the company's top priorities.  This philosophy continues to drive our business.  Our customers set the standards and our employees deliver.

In 1956, John's son and daughter-in-law, Carlton and Helen Shickel purchased the business.  Upon Carlton's death in 1994, Helen assumed the role of company President, with sons Gary (Operations,) and Mark (Engineering and Sales,) as Vice-Presidents.  Upon Helen's retirement in July of 2014, Mark assumed the role of company President, with Gary continuing in his position as Vice-President of Operations.